When it comes to styling your room or entire home, the color of the walls and ceiling make a big difference. It’s about choosing the right one that will suit your taste and whether you would like to use paint and wallpaper.
Both paint and wallpaper make a great choice in covering the walls. It’s your room and your choice of design. To help you make an informed decision on whether to apply paint or wallpaper, a list of some of the essential differences between the two is provided below.
What They Do to Your Home
Paint and wallpaper can truly be transformational in any room, big or small. Light paint colors make a room look soft and airy. Dark colors give the effect of a cozier, smaller-looking space. In other words, paint color can make a room appear bigger or smaller than it actually is.
Paints and wallpapers allow you to cover up any imperfections in your room, particularly on the walls. They are also helpful in detecting any issues in your roof and flashing when your walls and ceiling show any discoloration or stains.
There’s a lot more that paint and wallpaper can do, depending on the result you desire. Whichever of the two you choose to use for your walls, your room will definitely get something good from it, be it paint or wallpaper. Some of the known factors to consider are the cost, variety of design, durability, reaction to humidity, maintenance, and customization.
Things to Consider between Paint and Wallpaper
· Expectedly, paints that are high-quality and long-lasting often cost more based on the brand, type, and finish. Those that cost lower require retouching. To
complete your painting project, too, you will have to buy supplies like brushes, paint trays, rollers, tape, floor and furniture protection.
· With wallpapers, you will need less, thus, requiring less money. It lasts longer than paint but may not add any more to the value of your property as an investment in the future. For better results, using removable wallpapers is a good choice. They can be taken down easily and be used for other walls.
Variety of design
· Both paint and wallpaper offer a wide variety of designs and colors to choose from. Such variety adds to the possibility of adding a unique new look for your home. Paint offers a variety of colors that can be mixed and matched to achieve the effect you want for your room, as well as finishes.
· Wallpaper is available in many colors and patterns that are elegant and classical or even contemporary. You can choose from finishes like vinyl, fabric, foil printed, embossed textures, and suede, among others.
· Five years may be the longest time a well-finished paint can last. It can fade and flake due to high usage and exposure to sunlight in some areas. Lighter colors require retouching in three years or less.
· Wallpaper lasts longer, up to fifteen years or more. Yet, the disadvantage of it is that it is at risk of tearing and with any mishap, you’ll need to redo everything.
· Touching up the existing paint on your walls may be done yearly to keep them in top shape. Every type of paint has its own care instructions, which you must be able to follow to ensure good results.
· Surprisingly, wallpapers only need to be wiped with a damp cloth so it’s going to look as good as new.
· Because they are capable of being mixed up and combined, paint is more flexible when it comes to customization. There are a thousand more colors to choose from that you can use to achieve the color you’ve been wanting for your wall.
· Wallpaper is manufactured with the print and pattern. As a homeowner, you can only pick one from those that were already made that’s close to what you envisioned to have in your room walls. Customization is not yet available for wallpapers as of today.
Asking the Experts
Having the ability to pick between paint and wallpaper is given to any homeowner aiming to achieve the perfect cozy haven for their family. However, when the time comes that you’re confused or unsure of which will be best for your use, consulting experts in painting services is smart. Professional painters can also inform you of other important things to know about decorating your walls.
When it comes to colors, professionals at Quality Preferred Painting is the one you need. They are highly-trained and skilled in painting any wall with the right hue and appeal. We are locals living in Boston and South Shore area, which makes us very familiar with the local architecture. Our painting techniques also help in enhancing the beauty and glamor of our hometown.
Contact us at 781-356-2050 to start planning for your next painting project. We’ll make you proud to be the envy of the neighborhood!